Glass & Rope Fishing Float, 4" Red
Glass fishing floats used to be a common sight in just about any fishing town. Glass floats of this style were first used in Norway in the 1840s, but quickly spread among fisherman around the world. The sturdy glass spheres are hollow, holding a pocket of air for buoyancy. This glass orb is then wrapped in a rope netting, with a tail at one end for for attachment. Floats like this were primarily used for fishing nets and longlines, though they had an array of other uses. These fishing floats can be hung indoors or out in the garden where they make sun catchers.
Our floats come in four glass colors: Green, Blue, Red, and Amber.
- 4" diameter float with 9" tail
- Authentic hollow glass fishing float
- Realistically-designed display art
- Made of Red Hand Blown Glass
- Wrapped in Hemp Rope
- Great Maritime Collection Piece and Garden Accessory
- 4" diameter glass float
- 9" long rope tail (approximate, handmade items will vary)